11 Memorial Day Text Message Templates to Score More Online Sales
Memorial Day holds a special place in the hearts of millions of Americans. It is not only a dearly beloved family holiday, but also one of the most important retail events.
This day also marks the unofficial start of the summer, so it is the perfect timing for many brands to use the opportunity and launch their new summer collections.
Your customers might be slightly overwhelmed by tons of advertisement ads and emails at this time of the year, so there is really nothing better than a simple SMS to inform them about your top discounts, new collections and exclusive promotions.
For Memorial Day people are going to use the long weekend to get together with their families and loved ones. Warm summer days are just around the corner and after months of self-isolation at home, people are eager to spend some time in the garden, gather in their backyards, try out their new barbecue grills, etc. This time of the year is especially suited for huge sales when it comes to: mattresses, garden accessories, outdoor decorations, barbecues, patio furniture, storage facilities and camping equipment.
And, as always, when you think about the content of your text marketing campaign try and follow these guidelines:
- First and foremost - start with a special holiday offer for your customers - discount, gift voucher or another incentive to spark interest and outshine the competition.
- Make it personal - don't forget to address your subscribers with their first name to make them feel closer to you and your brand.
- Always add the name of your store in the text message - it builds brand recognition and helps people know right away who is the sender of this promotion.
- Add a visual - it is always a good idea to send MMS instead of SMS, as visual images are much more engaging.
- Don`t forget to add a subtle hint of urgency - phrases such as “This weekend only”, or “Limited stock” or “Offer ends today” will give your visitors the gentle push they need to purchase from your store.
- Be compliant - always add “Text STOP to opt out” at the end of your copy.
Here’s how we put these guidelines into use with our 11 ideas for Memorial Day - themed text templates:
Mariya Arabadzhieva Todorova
Mariya is a Content Creator at SMSBump with strong passion for writing, crime novels and puzzles. Travel & Gaming enthusiast.