Syncing Klaviyo Contacts with Yotpo SMSBump
The Klaviyo and Yotpo SMSBump integration enables you to create a fully cohesive email and SMS marketing experience: collect subscribers in full compliance through a single interaction and sync across platforms.
In this article we will walk you through the process of integrating Yotpo SMSBump with Klaviyo, synchronizing subscribers from both platforms, and creating engaging and high converting customer experiences.
Before we get started, please note that in order to use the integration you should have an existing Klaviyo account.
Setting it up
1. From your Yotpo SMSBump app side menu go to Integrations, where you’ll find all available options. Click on Klaviyo to start setup.
2. You’ll need an Application programming interface (API) key. To obtain one, open a new tab and go to your personal Klaviyo account and click on Account.
3. Next, click on Settings and select API Key from the drop-down menu.
4. You will see a Create API key button that creates your private API key when clicked.
5. An automatically generated API key will appear. Make sure to copy it as you will need to place it in the SMSBump app in order to configure the integration with Klaviyo.
6. Return to your SMSBump app tab.
7. Paste your private API key in the field here:
8. Click Install and you will receive a confirmation that your connection is complete. Click Continue to proceed with syncing your Klaviyo lists.
Good job! Now let’s see how you can start syncing email and SMS subscribers from SMSBump to Klaviyo and vice versa.
Syncing email subscribers collected in Yotpo SMSBump to Klaviyo
In order to sync Yotpo SMSBump to Klaviyo simply click on the toggle button on the right.
Once activated, choose a list you want to synchronize - it will take just a few seconds and you’ll get a confirmation status message.
You can select one list at a time to be synchronized with Klaviyo.
Syncing Klaviyo contacts to Yotpo SMSBump
Now, it is time to move on and learn how to synchronize Klaviyo contacts in SMSBump.
This is where you get to sync your Klaviyo SMS subscribers to your SMSBump account. Choose lists or segments you want to synchronize from the dropdown menu. Select one or more of the existing lists or segments by clicking the checkboxes. You can easily see the number of subscribers within each list/segment right next to its name in the dropdown menu.
All you need to do now is to click on the blue Save button on the right side of the menu. Keep in mind that this button is active only after a change has been made - when a list is added or removed.
Once you click Save, you’ll see a green status bar, as a confirmation that the process has already started. Keep in mind that depending on the number of subscribers, syncing can take a few hours. You can check the progress in the List & Segments menu within SMSBump.
The integration between Yotpo SMSBump and Klaviyo helps merchants synchronize SMS subscribers from Klaviyo forms to lists in SMSBump - in real time!
All you need to do is choose the Klaviyo subscription form you want to use and link it to a list of your choice in SMSBump.
Step 1: Go to your Klaviyo account and open one of your subscriber collection forms. You will find its unique code in the final part of the URL of the page. In the example below the unique code is: UQpAsK
Simply copy and paste the code of the form in the SMSBump integration page, as shown below:
Step 2: Select a list in SMSBump for your new subscribers from the Klaviyo form. Use the dropdown menu:
You can link multiple Klaviyo subscriber collection forms to a list in SMSBump, but one form can be linked with only one list.
Step 3: Confirm that you have collected your SMS subscribers in Klaviyo in compliance with TCPA & CTIA, by checking the box below.
Click Add and your Klaviyo subscriber collection form is now synced to your SMSBump list.
How to set up Welcome Flows
One of the main benefits of importing Klaviyo subscription form contacts in Yotpo SMSBump in real time is the ability to trigger a personalized and targeted Welcome flow. Contacting your new subscribers as soon as they join your SMS club increases the likelihood of them making a purchase right away leading to higher conversion rates.
To activate the flow, simply go to the Flows Gallery in SMSBump, select the New Subscriber type and start editing one of the 2 available Welcome flows.
All you need to do is add a condition: If → Source → is → Klaviyo Forms, as shown below:
This will make sure you only send this welcome message to new subscribers from the selected Klaviyo form.
How to set up Klaviyo-based conditions in SMS flows
Another amazing benefit of the Yotpo SMSBump-Klaviyo integration is the ability to set up and trigger SMS flows with Klaviyo-based conditions. This enables merchants to consolidate their marketing efforts from different channels into one place and provide tailored customer experiences.
So let’s say you have set up and launched an abandoned cart email flow in Klaviyo and you want to follow up with an automated SMS reminder.
Go to SMSBump and start building your abandoned cart flow. First, choose a corresponding trigger - in our case “Abandoned checkout”.
Set up a delay, e.g.1 hour - this will be the time period between the visitor leaving your website and the time they receive SMS from your store. Note that the delay should be longer than the one you set for the abandoned cart email in Klaviyo.
Now it is time to choose a condition. There are 2 options in the Klaviyo subcategory:
- Opened email since start of this flow - choose it to check if this customer has opened your email since the start of the flow.
- Clicked email since start of this flow - choose it to check if this customer has clicked on a link within your email since the start of the flow.
Then, as always, select if the chosen condition is true or false.
And lastly - choose whether you want to send automated messages to customers from all your Klaviyo email campaigns or flows, or just from a specific campaign or flow.
There are a total of 4 available options:
- Choose Specific Flow if you want to trigger an SMS automated sequence for customers from a specific Klaviyo flow.
- Choose Any Flow if you want to trigger text messages for customers from all your Klaviyo flows.
- Choose Specific Campaign if you want to send text messages to customers from a specific Klaviyo campaign.
- Choose Any Campaign to trigger automated text messages to customers from all your Klaviyo email campaigns.
If you choose to send automated text messages to customers from a specific Klaviyo flow or a campaign, you would need to fill in the code of this flow or a campaign in the section below:
You will find the code in your Klaviyo account - right in the URL of this exact flow or a campaign.
All that’s left for you to do now is set up the text messages for each of the SMS flow scenarios ahead - and you’ll have your SMS + Email flows working together 24/7 to engage with customers and drive revenue.
In our example flow, you will send abandoned cart text messages only to customers who have not opened your abandoned cart Klaviyo email. Of course, there are other options and scenarios to play around with, so don’t hesitate to try them out and compare results.
You are now all set and ready to supercharge both your email and SMS marketing strategy in Shopify! Add the Klaviyo integration to send personalized and targeted marketing campaigns on the channels your customers are most likely to convert to maximize customer engagement and results.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us or book a demo!