How to Stay TCPA & CTIA Compliant
In order to comply with the TCPA and CTIA regulations and send text marketing messages to customers in the USA and Canada, there are certain best practices we advise you to follow.
In addition to that, we advise you to set your Quiet Hours and to always include an opt-out option in your text message campaigns and automations.
1. From the Shopify main menu, click on Settings and then on Legal to get to your store's legal settings.
Disclaimer: We work with a top attorney to help us draft our documents but keep in mind that we are not a certified legal advisor. We encourage you to consult a legal advisor who is familiar with TCPA before using our legal texts.
4. Click on the Save button to save the changes made.
Set Up Checkout Opt-In
Step 1. Go to Shopify Settings and click on Checkout where you will be able to edit your checkout process.
Step 2. To add a sign-up checkbox to your checkout, in the Marketing consent section, check Show an option to subscribe at checkout.
Step 3. Click Save.
Step 4. Customize checkbox
From your Shopify Admin Settings go to Online Store → Themes → Actions → Edit Languages → Checkout & System.
This is where you get to customize your checkout checkbox. You can fill in:
- The accept SMS checkbox label
- Terms of service
How it looks in the admin panel:
How it looks on your checkout page:
Set Quiet Hours
1. Go to Apps -> SMSBump Marketing and Automation by SMSBump. Select Settings and scroll to the Quiet hours field. Set it to Enabled and set the quiet hours for your area The recommended settings are From 21:00 (9 PM) to 8:00(8 AM).
2. Confirm the changes by clicking the Save button at the bottom.
And that’s a wrap
Congrats! You’ve completed all best practices for TCPA & CTIA compliance. Your checkout page should look like this.