How to Connect Checkout X and SMSBump
Checkout X is a powerful tool which automatically configures your Shopify checkout page to collect opt-ins to grow your text marketing list and process orders through any payment gateway. By integrating Checkout X with SMSBump, you are also able to send customers automated messages if they abandon their cart.
Connect Checkout X to SMSBump
In order to proceed with integrating Checkout X with SMSBump, you should have a registered Checkout X account that is linked to your Shopify store. Afterwards, just follow these two simple steps.
1. Once logged into your Checkout X account, select Configuration from the top navigation bar, then Integrations. Next to SMSBump click on Inactive and then Connect to SMSBump.
2. In the SMSBump app, head over to Integrations on the side menu and you should see that the Checkout X integration is Connected.
Privacy Settings & Compliance
Before you continue, you need to make sure the settings of your checkout follow all compliance requirements. Simply go to your CheckoutX Dashboard and follow these 4 steps:
1. Make sure that the opt-in checkbox is not preselected.
2. Go to Cart Recovery SMS and fill in the following:
"Sign up for exclusive offers and news via text messages & email."
You can make small adjustments, but it is important that the text contains "text messages"/"text marketing".
3. Configure the consent footer using the following text:
"Text Marketing Terms and Conditions: We are using a text messaging platform, which is subject to the following terms and conditions. By opting-in for our text marketing and notifications in, you agree to these terms and conditions. By entering your phone number in the checkout and initializing a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase. Your phone number, name and purchase information will be shared with our SMS platform "SMSBump Inc, an European Union company with office at Sofia, Bulgaria, EU”. This data will be used for sending you targeted marketing messages and notifications. Upon sending the text messages, your phone number will be passed to a text messages operator to fulfill their delivery. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you with in any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply. For any questions please text "HELP" to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above."
Set Up an Abandoned Cart Automation
Recover lost sales by launching a sequence of abandoned cart automations using the CheckoutX abandoned cart automation.
1. From the SMSBump side menu, select Automations and then click the Create New Automation. Give your automation a name that is easily recognizable.
2. Select CheckoutX Abandoned Cart Reminder from the Automation Type dropdown.
3. In the next field, choose whether to enable or disable a delay for when customers will receive the message. When Enabled, specify the Message Timing in minutes, hours or days.
4. You may attach an Image or GIF if your recipients are in the U.S. Keep in mind that the character limit for an MMS is 1600. Select a GIF from GIPHY, an image from Pexels or click the browse button to upload an image of your own.
5. Write your abandoned cart message text while keeping an eye on the Message Strength meter which will give you tips on how to make the message powerful. You will be able to see a preview of your message on the phone to the right. Make sure that the “STOP to opt out” checkbox is ticked to follow compliance rules.
Click Test Event Message to send a test message to yourself. When you are happy with how everything looks click the Save button to schedule the automation for sending. Congrats, you’ve successfully launched your Checkout X abandoned cart automation!