Jobs / Accountant
Please, send us your CV & Portfolio
We're SMSBump, a Yotpo Company. SMSBump is a text marketing suite helping eCommerce store owners increase their ROI and customer loyalty. Currently, our product is being used by 90,000+ eCommerce businesses globally. We have featured integrations for the largest eCommerce platforms including Shopify and BigCommerce.
The Accountant will be working closely with our local controller and support our worldwide accounting team to assist in creating and analysing SMSBump financial reports and ensure compliance with legal requirements, process accounts payable and receivable, and manage invoices and tax payments. Ultimately, the Operations Accountant Specialist responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
- Bookkeeping function including maintenance of all GL accounts and account reconciliations, (accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets etc.)
- Booking the bank payments; following up the bank balances;
- Responsible for processing all vendor invoices and payments applications and maintaining all supporting documentation.
- Calculation and posting of accruals and provisions;
- Booking of salaries, related social contributions and income tax;
- Preparation of Accounts payable and Accounts receivable reports; updating of Vendors and Customers Master Data in the ERP system;
- Prepare customers invoices and bank deposits.
- Review, verify and process all primary documents related to accounting of Fixed assets.
- Track, record and reconcile employee’s expense reimbursement reports.
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage.
- Participation in the preparation of all statutory requirements including all tax obligations (Withholding Payments, VAT reports, Income Tax, Goods and service Tax)
- Preparing and filing regulatory statistical reports, incl to central bank;
- Preparation of internal and external ad hoc reports;
- Participating in the monthly and year-end closing process and reporting;
- Communication with auditors and other external parties.
- Communication with group controlling.
- Experience in hyper growth company and/or tech companies-Advantage
- University Degree in Accounting;
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in an international company
- Knowledge of Bulgarian tax legislation, National Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFRS
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- Very good Microsoft Excel skills (V-Lookups, pivot tables etc), MS office.
- Accurate and detailed oriented with a high level professional skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team with a particular focus on the ability to set priorities that correspond with business needs
- Experience working with NetSuite- Advantage
- An energetic, flexible, and proactive approach;
What we offer:
- Track to success - work in a dynamic organisation with ambient and laid-back office atmosphere + best coffee in town
- Individualised career development, rewards and recognition.
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation with add-ons for loyalty, regular team buildings and celebrations in and outside the country
- Additional health insurance package
- Internal mobility program and refer-a-friend program
- Multisport card – fully covered
- Food and gift vouchers – monthly
- E-learning portals and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Company backed Hackathons, Tech conferences, workshops events, etc
- Stocked kitchen and bar.
- In light of the global pandemic, we are working in a remote capacity. When we return to the office, we expect we’ll be working in a hybrid model.